Process For Submission and Acceptance of Rats
1. Donating investigators should read and agree to the terms outlined in Terms and Conditions of Strain Submission.
2. Fill out the Application Form
and submit it on-line. A completed Application Form will be generated from the information you provide. It will be displayed and a copy e-mailed to you.
3. The RRRC Application Review Committee will evaluate applications and issue decisions on submitted strains. You will be notified by e-mail of the status of your strain submission within 14 days of completion of your Strain Submission Application.
4. If your strain is accepted, you will be asked to complete or provide the following:
- MTA form
- Breeding and Husbandry Form
- Send genotyping protocol
- Send phenotyping protocol if gene mutation is unknown
- Send recent Health Status Report
5. After the strain profile information is reviewed and accepted, you will be contacted by RRRC staff to discuss and coordinate the final steps involving shipping of the animals to the RRRC.